Wednesday 5/17

Wed 17th


8:00 I started my day with self-study at 8:00, this time focusing on filing a flight plan, and understanding how to use the E6-B flight computer and Pilot's Operating Handbook (POH) to calculate important factors like fuel consumption and climb speeds. By 10:00, I felt well-versed in the basics of manual VFR flight planning. I used this knowledge in ground school with Alan from 10:00 to 12:00, where we dove into, calculating things like weight and balance, and the impact of wind on our chosen route. (Which also got filed into the flight plan). After lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, it was back to work in the simulator. This time we practiced flying the Arrow, and I utilized my flight planning skills to prepare our simulated flight to fly the actual flight plan. The hands-on experience was both challenging and rewarding. George and I took to the skies at 3:00, where we kept working on approaches into concord, and a few turns around a point we landed at 5:00.
Total hours: 8



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday 5/16

Monday 5/8

Monday 5/15