Second Weekly Reflection



Reflecting on my second week at flight school, I feel a deep sense of accomplishment. This week's focus on FAA regulations, weather patterns, and advanced maneuvers added depth to my knowledge and skills. I’m excited to continue the lessons over the summer and now I feel much more confident in the plane.

My struggle with "stepping on the ball" has improved, and while the challenges of flight persist, I now understand them. The more I fly, the more natural it feels. Simulated emergencies and instrument failures taught me the importance of staying calm under pressure, a lesson I am sure to carry into future flights.

The extensive ground school sessions this week have deepened my understanding of the intricacies of aviation. From understanding pressure fronts and wind patterns to filing a manual VFR flight plan, I see the importance of theory in practice. Not only do these lessons prepare me for the written test, but they also provide the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions while in the air.

I continue to enjoy flight school. Despite the mental exertion, it continues to capture my interest, continually pushing me out of my comfort zone and challenging my problem-solving skills. The hours spent in the classroom, simulator, and the skies are not just towards my private pilot's license but also enriching personal growth.

As I conclude this second week, I feel closer to my long-term goals. Not only am I acquiring a new skill, but also cultivating discipline, resilience, and a meticulous attention to detail - traits that transcend beyond the cockpit. These intense and significant experiences continue to shape my actions and hobbies, offering a gratifying way to spend my time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday 5/16

Monday 5/8

Monday 5/15