Friday 5/19



8:00 The final day of my flight school senior project began with Alan and me finishing our study on FAA regulations and chart reading, which took up the majority of the day. This was critical as these areas are a significant part of the written exam for the private pilot's license. We worked on airspace classifications, navigational aids, airport markings and lighting systems.

After a lunch break from 12:00 to 1:00, we continued. Alan spent a good deal of time teaching me how to decode and read sectional charts and the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (A textbook published by the FAA). We discussed the VFR (Visual Flight Rules) and what minimum visibility and cloud clearance were necessary for different airspaces.

I wrapped up my final day at flight school at 2:00.

Total Hours: 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday 5/16

Monday 5/8

Monday 5/15